Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Square One





Two weeks later, and back to square one. It's a bleak midwinter's day, but I feel cheery nonetheless. The sidewalks are abustle with students donning brand new cold weather accessories and armed with Starbucks. Walking home from class I find myself relishing in the warmth of my rust, long, belted peacoat, hands in pockets, and inhaling the cigarette smoke trailing behind the woman walking in front of me. Whether it's the excitement in the fresh start a new quarter brings or the stimulants doing the talking, everyone seems to be light of foot and merry. I am determined to make this mood last throughout the quarter. Burrowed beneath my polka-dot down comforter, hands wrapped around a mug of Earl Grey, in my bed nestled between three walls and a low ceiling amid soft lighting, I am cozy and content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment