Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sigh.



I am so sick of reading day and night. Tragically, we've only just headed into week three of the quarter. Woe is me. Having skipped out tonight on the insanity that is The Bachelor, opting instead to read about existentialism and postwar Europe (which let me tell you is equally disturbing), it's now 10:30 and I really haven't given myself a break. Naturally one of the first things that comes to mind is, "I'm going to make rice pudding." Let me give you a little visual. Me in my red and white pj pants of a deer and winter flower pattern, mismatched with a yellow University of Washington hooded sweatshirt. I've got my left knee bent with my foot propped up against my inner right thigh. Imagine a flamingo, if you will. Anne Hathaway is running all over Manhattan in couture and swinging on lampposts in Paris on my laptop screen. And here I am in my kitchen ladeling milk into a saucepan of arborio rice. My day will come, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment