Thursday, June 30, 2011

sunshine on my plate, but not in the sky





Whoops...didn't cook dinner last week. But last night I used a wonderful recipe my mom had for a Mediteranean summer salad, courtesy of Sunset Magazine. A few years ago we both fell in love with a similar orzo salad at the Macaroni Grill. Anything that includes fresh basil, well shoot, I'm on board! Shout out to Trader Joe's for our very own basil plant. One change was made by substituting 1 cup of the fresh tomatoes with about a packed 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes for more of a flavor punch. Without a doubt this recipe will be making many more appearances in the Sontra family summer dinner rotation. 


P.S. What the heck is going on with this weather? Summer? Could've fooled me. On a happier note, I bought the fixings to make my pinwheel skirt yesterday, which will hopefully be coming to fruition soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment