Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ecstatic







I woke up and felt it. A switch had been flipped overnight, and summer had finally turned to autumn. Changes in the seasons are a curious thing. Body and spirit immediately adjusted, all of a sudden I find myself longing for a morning (and afternoon and evening), scaldingly hot, giant mug of Lady Grey, rather than a tall glass of ice water. I come home from class mid-day and want to get into my pajamas. I am a frequent visitor of the hearth, and often hop into my bed just to be underneath my down comforter. Sometimes I daydream about what it would be like to be nestled within an infinite orange knitted scarf (think James and the Giant Peach, only less sticky). My thrills comes from being scooted along by the wind, smelling the perpetually fresh air, and the sound of my heeled boots on the sidewalk. I would be lying if I said I didn't call my mom to tell her about how stinking excited I was to see all of the fall things at Trader Joe's today (pumpkins, gourds, sweet potatoes, Ghouly Gummy Tummies, Jack-o-lantern Joe Joe's with orange cream filling, chocolate truffle cake with caramel sauce, oh my Lord the list goes on!). Holy cow, I love this time of the year so unbelievably much I just want to burst!

No comments:

Post a Comment