Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Constant Reminders



I was awakened early by the rustle of clumsy footsteps and the clattering of pans in preparation for breakfast. I propped my head up onto my fist and squinted to adjust my eyes to the light streaming through windows opening out onto Useless Bay. Wrapped up in blankets I swayed in the hammock, looking out onto the gray morning. Gray pebbles, gray ocean, gray mist, gray sky, gray gulls. 


I woke with the world. At first it was all silence. Everything was still. Just God and me talking. The pale pink of dawn reflected on clouds, and birds readjusted their voices after a peaceful slumber. Thankful for the weekend spent at a lovely beach home with friends old and new. Thankful for His constant presence and my growing ability to recognize it in everything. Thankful for peace. Thankful for God's plan being infinitely better than my own.


The constant reminder that You make all things work together for my good.

No comments:

Post a Comment