Friday, August 17, 2012

Red, White & Blue: Better Together

I'm starting something new; a series called Better Together. (**I'm random. We'll see if I actually post on a specific day or not, so tune in!) I got the idea from the British business associate of my friend's father. Unfortunately his campaign for "better together" did not take off like he had hoped. Nonetheless, I fell in love with the idea. It's simple, and rather charming. Behind this idea is the basic truth that things take on more unique characteristics when juxtaposed with, or complementing one other. You know, like peanut butter and jelly, or Bert and Ernie. Good when solo; fantastic when paired. 

Red, white and blue. So many things come to mind. For me it's the stars and stripes of Old Glory and the Union Jack. Quite fitting, I'd say. With patriotism having stricken the hearts of fellow citizens as we cheered on our Olympians competing in London, a nod to the tri-colors and wonderful things that have come to represent Great Britain seems necessary to me. Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment