Friday, August 13, 2010

Pemberley, And Those Similarly Grand

"It has been coming on so gradually, that I hardly know when it began. But I believe I must date it from my first seeing his beautiful grounds at Peberley." ~Elizabeth Bennet, on how long she had loved Darcy


View from Box Hill

Lyme Park (Pemberley in the 1995 Pride & Prejudice)

Chatsworth House (Pemberley in the 2005 Pride & Prejudice)

Luckington Court (Longbourn in the 1995 Pride & Prejudice)

Groombridge Place (Longbourn in the 2005 Pride & Prejudice)

Basildon Park (Netherfield)

Burghley House (Rosings Park)

Squerryes Court (Hartfied in the 2009 Emma)

Efford House (Barton Cottage in the 1995 Sense & Sensibility)

Saltram House (Norland Park)

Montacute House (the country home of the Palmers)

Chandos House (the London home of the Palmers)

Mompesson House (Mrs. Jennings' home in Chelsea)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I hope you don't mind. I have a book blog & was planning to do a read-a-long with some friends to celebrate Pride & Prejudice's 200th anniversary. I put your picture of Pemberley in a button. You can email me at cassilee85@hotmail.com if you need to.

    (I found the image via google then came back hunting for where it originated. I *think* it was yours at least, or at least this is where I found it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassi, I too found the image via Google, so not to worry! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful houses! Thanks for collecting them all in one place. :)

    ReplyDelete